Never have so many foreign
internationals graced the squad of Chester City.
All part of Terry Smith’s grand design to undercut
the costs of home grown players.
Perhaps one of the most intriguing
of all was the acquisition of Goran the gentle giant – a
French speaking Serbian with Bundesliga experience
led to several confusing variations on his surname
in programmes and newspapers:
1. Milosavijevic the correct spelling
2. Milosavljevic appeared in several
away programmes (Shrewsbury, Halifax and Orient) and
even a Chester programme at home to Cheltenham.
3. Milovaijevic – Villa away
4. Milosauljevic – York away
5. Milosauljovie – Carlisle away
No doubt there are several others – not
many programme editors are likely to have a Serbo-Croatian