Just for a bit of fun try your hand
at this Boxing Day quiz compiled by Chas Sumner that
appeared in the Evening Leader. Answers here on New Year’s
1) – Name the two ex City players
currently playing for Macclesfield Town?
2) – Who were the last brothers to play for Chester?
3) – Who did Chester play in their first ever game in the Conference?
4) – Who scored Chester’s first ever goal in the Conference?
5) – Who scored Chester’s first league goal this season?
6) – Who scored Chester’s two goals in the play-off matches
against Doncaster Rovers (excluding the penalty shoot-out)?
7) – In what season were Chester last promoted?
8) – Who was the only Chester player to be sent off twice in 2003?
9) – Who knocked Chester out of the FA Trophy in January?
10) – Who were the first side to score a league goal at the Deva
Stadium this season?
11) – Name the 5 different goalkeepers who have started in a Conference
fixture for Chester?
12) – Who scored Chester’s last Football League goal?
13) – Name the three members of the current squad who have played
in the Football League for Chester?
14) – Name the two members of the current squad who have represented
the Republic Of Ireland at under 21 level?
15) – Name the ex City player currently playing for Rochdale?
16) – Who was Mark Wright’s assistant when he first took
over at Chester?
17) – Name the current City player who has also played for Notts
County and Brentford?
18) – Against which side did Daryl Clare make his goalscoring Chester
19) – Chester only won one cup tie in 2003. Who was it against?
20) – Who were the only teams to score three Conference goals against
Chester in 2003?
21) – How many times were Chester relegated in the 1980s?
22) – Who was Chester manager between John McGrath and Harry McNally?
23) – In which season did Chester last play Wrexham in a league
24) – Which current Conference side knocked Chester out of the
FA Cup in 1982/83?
25) – Name the two non-league sides that Chester knocked out of
the FA Cup in the two seasons they were based at Macclesfield?
26) – Who did Chester play in their last ever League Cup tie?
27) – Name the next team in this sequence – Northampton Town,
Carlisle United, Peterborough United?
28) – Against which team did Chester last score six goals?
29) – Who is the only member of the current squad to be born outside
30) – Which former Chester player – currently in the news-
scored Chester’s consolation goal in the FA Cup, against Barnsley,
31) – Name the next team in this sequence – Solihull Borough,
Stevenage Borough, Radcliffe Borough
32) – Which team did Chester play in their first home fixture at
33) – Which one of the following clubs have Chester never played
in a Football League game – Kidderminster Harriers, Luton Town,
34) – Which three teams did Chester beat in the 2000/01 FA Cup?
35) – Which Chester player
captained the England semi-professional team during
36) – Which Chester player represented the Wales semi-professional
team during the summer?
37) – Name the next team in this sequence – Swindon Town,
Huddersfield Town, Chester, Port Vale?
38) – Who are the only team that Chester have beaten in the LDV
Trophy in the last eight seasons?
39) – Where did Chester play the home leg of the Coca Cola Cup
tie against Manchester City?
40) – Who was the American international who played for City at
the end of last season?
How did you do? click here for