1) – Name
the two ex City players currently playing for Macclesfield
A) – Chris Priest and Dave Flitcroft
2) – Who were the last brothers to play
A) – Michael and Stephen Rose
3) – Who did Chester play in their first
ever game in the Conference?
A) – Rushden & Diamonds (A)
4) – Who scored Chester’s first
ever goal in the Conference?
A) – Mark Beesley
5) – Who scored Chester’s first
league goal this season?
A) – Carl Ruffer
6) – Who scored Chester’s two
goals in the play-off matches against Doncaster Rovers (excluding the
A) – Kevin McIntyre and Watne Hatswell
7) – In what season were Chester last
A) – 1993/94
8) – Who was the only Chester player
to be sent off twice in 2003?
A) – Mark Quayle
9) – Who knocked Chester out of the
FA Trophy in January?
A) – Worksop Town
10) – Who were the first side to score
a league goal at the Deva Stadium this season?
A) – Shrewsbury Town
11) – Name the 5 different goalkeepers
who have started in a Conference fixture for Chester?
A) – Dean Greygoose, Phil Priestly, Wayne Brown, Ian McCaldon and
12) – Who scored Chester’s last
Football League goal?
A) – Luke Beckett
13) – Name the three members of the
current squad who have played in the Football League for Chester?
A) – Paul Carden Wayne Brown and Alex Smith
14) – Name the two members of the current
squad who have represented the Republic Of Ireland at under 21 level?
A) – Daryl Clare and Shaun Carey
15) – Name the ex City player currently
playing for Rochdale?
A) – Matt Doughty
16) – Who was Mark Wright’s assistant
when he first took over at Chester?
A) – Ted McMinn
17) – Name the current City player who
has also played for Notts County and Brentford?
A) – Kevin Rapley
18) – Against which side did Daryl Clare
make his goalscoring Chester debut?
A) – Yeovil Town
19) – Chester only won one cup tie in
2003. Who was it against?
A) – Blyth Spartans
20) – Who were the only teams to score
three Conference goals against Chester in 2003?
A) – Northwich Victoria and Accrington Stanley
21) – How many times were Chester relegated
in the 1980s?
A) – Once
22) – Who was Chester manager between
John McGrath and Harry McNally?
A) – Mick Speight
23) – In which season did Chester last
play Wrexham in a league game?
A) – 1994/95
24) – Which current Conference side
knocked Chester out of the FA Cup in 1982/83?
A) – Northwich Victoria
25) – Name the two non-league sides
that Chester knocked out of the FA Cup in the two seasons they were based
A) – Leek Town and Guiseley
26) – Who did Chester play in their
last ever League Cup tie?
A) – Aston Villa
27) – Name the next team in this sequence – Northampton
Town, Carlisle United, Peterborough United?
A) – Rushden & Diamonds (last match in charge for Graham Barrow)
28) – Against which team did Chester
last score six goals?
A) – Doncaster Rovers in February 1997
29) – Who is the only member of the
current squad to be born outside the UK?
A) – Andy Harris (South Africa)
30) – Which former Chester player – currently
in the news- scored Chester’s consolation goal in the FA Cup, against
Barnsley, in 1980?
A) – Trevor Birch
31) – Name the next team in this sequence – Solihull
Borough, Stevenage Borough, Radcliffe Borough?
A) – Margate (the last time a City player scored a hat-trick)
32) – Which team did Chester play in
their first home fixture at Macclesfield?
A) – Exeter City
33) – Which one of the following clubs
have Chester never played in a Football League game – Kidderminster
Harriers, Luton Town, Coventry City?
A) – Kidderminster Harriers
34) – Which three teams did Chester
beat in the 2000/01 FA Cup?
A) – Easington Colliery, Plymouth Argyle and Oxford United
35) – Which Chester player captained
the England semi-professional team during the summer?
A) – Scott Guyett
36) – Which Chester player represented the Wales semi-professional
team during the summer?
A) – Ben Davies
37) – Name the next team in this sequence – Swindon
Town, Huddersfield Town, Chester, Port Vale?
A) – Reading (Alex Smith’s former clubs)
38) – Who are the only team that Chester
have beaten in the LDV Trophy in the last eight seasons?
A) – Hull City
39) – Where did Chester play the home
leg of the Coca Cola Cup tie against Manchester City?
A) – Edgeley Park, Stockport County
40) – Who was the American international
who played for City at the end of last season?
A) – Ian Joy